Lean and Mean
The Zero FX draws from our rugged off-road roots. Locked and loaded for your favorite trails, shortcuts or rocketing away when traffic lights flash green, the Zero FX’s punchy Z-Force® powertrain, long legged suspension and dual sport equipment tackles virtually anything thrown its way.
2x the range “out of the box”
With a city range of 91 miles, 46 hp and 78 ft-lbs of torque, the ZF7.2 offers twice the range and power of the ZF3.6. The battery is fully integrated into the motorcycle to offer the most economical way of maximizing the range of the Zero FX.
Range (mi): 91 city / 39 highway
- Trail Crushing Tech: Always ready. Always in the right gear. “Unstallable.” The Zero FX’s Z-Force® 75-5 motor produces a thumping 78 lb-ft of torque, making this compact dual sport supremely powerful and eminently flickable. Quietly flow along the trail with uninterrupted rhythm. Give a nod to the stalled out and stuttering fossil burners as you weave through the technical parts. Even braking energy isn’t wasted; squeeze the binders, and regenerative braking sends range-extending power back to the battery.
- Tuned in to your ride: Crossing from smooth asphalt to loose gravel fire roads? All good. Change performance profiles at the press of a button to master any terrain. The Zero FX is pre-programmed with Eco or Sport modes and performance can be fully customized using the Zero Motorcycles app where you can also see detailed ride stats.
- Charge. Simply: Wake up, ready to ride, with a “full tank” every day. No expensive charge station required. A simple 110 V household outlet satisfies all the needs of the Zero FX’s 650-watt onboard charger. Every outlet is now a “fueling” station. Crave faster refills? Pick up an accessory Quick Charger to cut charge times by over 60%.
- Instant “full tank”: There’s no faster way to “charge” than throwing in a fresh battery. The Zero FX’s optional hot-swappable batteries allow you to go from empty to full in seconds. Easily recharge drained modules using off-board charging accessories for a never-ending ride.
- Your Low Maintenance Ride: Built for riding adventures and carefree living. Forget about messy oil changes, dust-clogged filters, fouled spark plugs, time-wasting tune-ups and greasy chain maintenance. The Zero FX’s motor is sealed. It has a single moving part that efficiently relays your throttle hand’s desires to your rear wheel via super-efficient carbon fiber belt-drive system. Ride more, easier. The Zero FX’s advanced battery features life-of-motorcycle cell technology that’s covered by a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
- Stretch your endurance: Cruise through city streets. Or, hit the dirt. Push yourself and ride until your muscles throb or your legs give out. Most Zero FX riders find they’ve hit their endurance limits long before their battery. Continual improvements to the Z-Force® powertrain have imbued the Zero FX with the highest power and energy density battery in the industry. The Zero FX produces an impressive 91 miles of “city” riding on a single charge.
- Battery: The Zero FX is available in two battery configurations. The ZF3.6 features modular battery technology that allows riders to add a second battery to double range and makes it possible to fully “recharge” by quickly swapping batteries on the fly. The ZF7.2 is fully integrated into the motorcycle and is the more economical option for those looking to maximize the range of the Zero FX. Zero Motorcycles’ Z-Force® battery is the most power and energy dense in the EV industry. The ZF7.2 offers a maximum battery capacity of 7.2 kWh that delivers up to 91 miles of city riding. The battery is designed to last and backed by a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty. The Zero FX also features Long Term Storage Mode to optimize the battery’s state of charge and further improve long term battery health.
- Motor: The Zero FX powerplant produces up to 78 ft-lb of torque. The air-cooled Interior Permanent Magnet (IPM) motor delivers impressive performance and fierce acceleration, which works in conjunction with regenerative braking to channel energy back into the battery. No heavy, complicated or expensive liquid cooling. No routine maintenance. No fuss. This is the industry’s most efficient, powerful and compact motor.
- Face: The Zero FX’s distinctive face features twin projector beam headlamps and an integrated fly screen, leading the way with a visual style matched to the bike’s sharp attitude.
- Dash: Minimalist. Cool blue LCD. The Zero FX dash projects the specs you need: speed, state of charge, power output, selected riding profile, projected recharge time. Sync with your smartphone to turn it into a secondary customizable dash or view detailed ride stats.
- Suspension: Custom-tuned by Showa for Zero, the Zero FX’s suspension is rugged enough to handle jagged ruts and rock-strewn trails, while offering 8.6 inches of front travel and 8.94 inches at the rear.
- Wheels and Tires: A large 21-inch front wheel ensures the Zero FX hammers through the gnarly bits. Wrapped in high-performance Pirelli Scorpion MT-90 rubber, the Zero FX adeptly traverses dirt, rocks, or asphalt.
- Brakes: The Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) delivers confident braking. Tested for just about any situation you can imagine, the system optimizes deceleration under hard braking. The brakes are equipped with adjustable levers for improved ergonomics. ABS can be switched on or off by the rider.
- Direct Drive: Strip away clutches, gears, shifting, chains and all their weighty complexities. Seamlessly accelerate with pure efficiency as energy quietly transforms into propulsion. The Zero FX is direct drive. Its state-of-the-art motor connects directly to the rear wheel using a carbon fiber belt.
- Onboard Charger: The Zero FX’s discreetly accessible 650 W onboard charger can be plugged into any household outlet. Charge times can be slashed by using optional Quick Chargers.
- Frame: The Zero FX’s robust aircraft-grade aluminum frame has been refined for over ten years. A descendant of Zero’s early motocross-style bikes, the frame’s optimized strength-to-weight ratio is the perfect delivery mechanism for the Z-Force® powertrain’s adrenaline pumping acceleration.
- City: 91 miles (146 km)
- Highway, 55 mph (89 km/h): 56 miles (90 km)
- Combined, City/Highway 55 mph (89 km/h): 69 miles (111 km)
- Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h): 39 miles (63 km)
- Combined, City/Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h): 54 miles (87 km)
- Peak torque: 78 ft-lb (106 Nm)
- Peak power: 46 hp (34 kW) @ 4,300 rpm
- Top speed (max): 85 mph (137 km/h)
- Top speed (sustained): 70 mph (113 km/h)
- Type: Z-Force® 75-5 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, interior permanent magnet, brushless motor
- Controller: High efficiency, 550 amp, 3-phase brushless controller with regenerative deceleration
- Power pack: Z-Force® Li-Ion intelligent integrated
- Max capacity: 7.2 kWh
- Nominal capacity: 6.3 kWh
- Charger type: 650 W, integrated
- Charge time (standard): 9.7 hours (100% charged) / 9.2 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with one accessory charger: 4.1 hours (100% charged) / 3.6 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with max accessory chargers: 1.8 hours (100% charged) / 1.3 hours (95% charged)
- Input: Standard 110 V or 220 V
- Transmission: Clutchless direct drive
- Final drive: 90T / 18T, Poly Chain® HTD® Carbon™ belt
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front suspension: Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear suspension: Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front suspension travel: 8.60 in (218 mm)
- Rear suspension travel: 8.94 in (227 mm)
- Front brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan dual piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Rear brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front tire: Pirelli Scorpion MT 90 A/T 90/90-21
- Rear tire: Pirelli Scorpion MT 90 A/T 120/80-18
- Front wheel: 1.85 x 21
- Rear wheel: 2.50 x 18
- Wheelbase: 56.6 in (1,438 mm)
- Seat height: 34.7 in (881 mm)
- Rake: 25.4°
- Trail: 4.1 in (104 mm)
- Curb weight: 289 lb (131 kg)
- Carrying capacity: 341 lb (155 kg)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 486 MPGe (0.48 l/100 km)
- Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 207 MPGe (1.13 l/100 km)
- Typical cost to recharge: $0.81
- Standard motorcycle warranty*: 2 years
- Power pack warranty*: 5 years/unlimited miles
Pricing does not include government incentives. Does not include local shipping, applicable taxes, PDI, or road registration fees.
See your dealer for additional details about powerpack or standard warranty.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Imagery may not reflect most current product specifications. Zero Motorcycles reserves the right to make improvements and/or design changes without any obligation to previously sold, assembled or fabricated equipment.