What street riding is meant to be. Stunning acceleration at any RPM, sharp lines and sporty ergonomics transform your daily ride into a thrill. With an aerodynamic riding posture that helps deliver up to 223 miles in the city and 112 miles on the highway, the Zero S offers the highest range in the Zero lineup.
Longest range. Unrestricted power.
The ZF14.4 offers roughly twice the range of the Zero S ZF7.2.
Range (mi): 179 city / 90 highway
Color: Jet Black
- Pure Performance: Pure stealth. Propelled by the industry’s most advanced tech, the Z-Force® powertrain slingshots you forward. No shifting. All torque. Just smooth acceleration at the twist of a throttle. The Zero S strips away the noise, fumes and vibration so all you feel is the uninterrupted flow of the ride. Looking for the highest torque and fastest accelerating street bike in the Zero lineup? Step up to the asphalt ripping the Zero SR.
- Transform performance profiles with the press a button to perfectly conquer city streets, urban arteries or twisty back roads. The Zero S is pre-programmed with Eco or Sport modes. Connect using your mobile device to customize performance or get stats on your ride.
- Charge 6x faster: The Charge Tank option funnels up to 85 miles of riding into the Zero S for every hour of charging when plugged into a Level 2 charge station. One cup of coffee now equals ~30 miles of riding. Or, charge fully in as little as an hour depending on battery size.
- Charging. Meet household outlet: No special charging equipment required. Your standard household outlets just became “fueling” stations that deliver daily rides at a fraction of the cost of gasoline. Plug in at night and start every day with a full “tank.”
- Ride more. Maintain less: Goodbye costly powertrain maintenance and stale waiting room donuts. Sophisticated. Simple. The Z-Force® powertrain eliminates the greasy mess of fossil burners. No oil, spark plugs, clutches, filters, chain adjustments or expensive tune-ups. Instead, a carbon fiber belt directly connects the rear wheel to a motor that uses a single moving part to deliver torque at levels beyond conventional superbikes. Always advancing. Code for the Z-Force® powertrain is constantly refined to deliver improved performance. The Zero App easily delivers the upgrades using your mobile device.
- The Zero S is our farthest traveling model (and the longest-range production electric motorcycle on earth). At its core is the highest power and energy density battery in the EV industry. The higher the battery capacity, the more range. Select the battery size that works for you. Ride over 200 miles city / 100 miles highway using the highest capacity ZF14.4 battery coupled with the Power Tank accessory (adds an additional 3.6 kWh). Or, shed weight and gain storage space with the ZF7.2.
- Battery: Zero Motorcycles’ Z-Force® battery is the most power and energy dense in the EV industry. The Zero S battery is available in two sizes: ZF7.2 and ZF14.4. Add a Power Tank accessory to expand battery capacity by 3.6 kWh. The battery is designed to last and backed by a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty. The Zero S also features Long Term Storage Mode to optimize the battery’s state of charge and further improve long term battery health.
- Motor: The impressive Z-Force® motor produces smooth power and up to 116 ft-lb with a design so efficient it only requires passive air-cooling. Roll on the throttle for massive acceleration. Roll off the throttle to progressively channel energy back into the battery. No heavy, complicated or expensive liquid cooling. No fuss. No routine maintenance. This is the industry’s most efficient, powerful, and compact brushless motor.
- Dash: Minimalist. Cool blue LCD. The Zero S dash projects the specs you need: speed, state of charge, power output, selected riding profile, projected recharge time. Synch with your smartphone to turn it into a secondary customizable dash or view detailed ride stats.
- Suspension: Zero collaborated with Showa to develop smooth suspension with superior small bump compliance and predictable control of bigger impacts. The entire suspension system can be fully and easily adjusted to glide over any city street or rip down your favorite twisty roads.
- Wheels and Tires: Corner with confidence. Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tires are mounted on stylish cast alloy wheels to form a system that delivers maximum grip. A hollow front axle shaves unsprung weight to improve handling.
- Brakes: The Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) delivers confident braking. Tested for just about any situation you can imagine, the system optimizes deceleration when you hit your brakes hard. Braking is actuated via levers that can be adjusted for improved ergonomics. ABS can be switched on or off by the rider.
- Direct Drive: Strip away clutches, gears, shifting, chains and all their weighty complexities. Seamlessly rocket to speeds in excess of 100 mph with pure efficiency as energy quietly transforms into propulsion. The Zero S is direct drive. Its state-of-the-art motor connects directly to the rear wheel using a carbon fiber belt.
- Standard Charge Port: Simple. Subtle. The standard charge port is discrete. A lightweight cable easily connects the onboard charger to any standard household outlet. No additional charging equipment required.
- The Tank: No motorcycle “tank” on earth is more versatile. The standard Zero S tank is equipped with spacious lockable storage. Interested in faster charging or greater range? Swap the standard tank for either the Charge Tank option or the Power Tank accessory.
- City: 179 miles (288 km)
- Highway, 55 mph (89 km/h): 109 miles (175 km)
- Combined, City/Highway 55 mph (89 km/h): 135 miles (217 km)
- Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h): 90 miles (145 km)
- Combined, City/Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h): 120 miles (193 km)
- Peak torque: 81 ft-lb (110 Nm)
- Peak power: 60 hp (45 kW) @ 5,300 rpm
- Top speed (max): 98 mph (158 km/h)
- Top speed (sustained): 85 mph (137 km/h)
- Type: Z-Force® 75-7 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, interior permanent magnet, brushless motor
- Controller: High efficiency, 550 amp, 3-phase brushless controller with regenerative deceleration
- Power pack: Z-Force® Li-Ion intelligent integrated
- Max capacity: 14.4 kWh
- Nominal capacity: 12.6 kWh
- Charger type: 1.3 kW, integrated
- Charge time (standard): 9.8 hours (100% charged) / 9.3 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with Charge Tank option: 2.5 hours (100% charged) / 2.0 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with one accessory charger: 5.7 hours (100% charged) / 5.2 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with max accessory chargers: 2.8 hours (100% charged) / 2.3 hours (95% charged)
- Input: Standard 110 V or 220 V
- Transmission: Clutchless direct drive
- Final drive: 90T / 20T, Poly Chain® HTD® Carbon™ belt
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front suspension: Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear suspension: Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front suspension travel: 6.25 in (159 mm)
- Rear suspension travel: 6.35 in (161 mm)
- Front brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan asymmetric dual piston floating caliper, 320 x 5 mm disc
- Rear brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
- Front wheel: 3.00 x 17
- Rear wheel: 3.50 x 17
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in (1,410 mm)
- Seat height: 31.8 in (807 mm)
- Rake: 24.0°
- Trail: 3.2 in (80 mm)
- Curb weight: 408 lb (185 kg)
- Carrying capacity: 367 lb (166 kg)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 477 MPGe (0.49 l/100 km)
- Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 240 MPGe (0.98 l/100 km)
- Typical cost to recharge: $1.61
- Standard motorcycle warranty*: 2 years
- Power pack warranty*: 5 years/unlimited miles
Pricing does not include government incentives. Does not include local shipping, applicable taxes, PDI, or road registration fees.
See your dealer for additional details about powerpack or standard warranty.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Imagery may not reflect most current product specifications. Zero Motorcycles reserves the right to make improvements and/or design changes without any obligation to previously sold, assembled or fabricated equipment.