Tiger Explorer. All-new bike. All-new excitement.
The ultimate choice for the long haul adventurer. Class-leading handling. The journey doesn’t have to end when the Tarmac does. Brand new, 1215cc engine, with shaft drive of course. A Triumph to take on the world.
The Tiger Explorer brings a whole new level of performance and specification to the adventure touring sector.
The thoroughly modern powerplant utilises a new ride-by-wire electronic throttle system, allowing Triumph engineers to endow the Tiger Explorer with a number of high-tech rider aids for added rider safety and comfort. Cruise control, traction control and ABS are all standard fitment on the Tiger Explorer. A tough shaft drive system has been developed for the Tiger Explorer, allowing virtually maintenance free touring, and the latest Triumph has been designed to go 10,000 miles between servicing – ideal for those long distance adventures.
Triumph’s reputation for delivering best-in-class handling continues with the Tiger Explorer, which offers a combination of excellent low-speed balance and composed high speed capability. The strong tubular steel trellis frame bears a strong visual resemblance to other models in the Triumph family, while the single-sided rear swingarm showcases the 17” 10-spoke rear wheel. Adjustable 46mm front forks allow the rider to tailor the Tiger Explorer to their individual needs and riding conditions, with the long-travel suspension and 19” front wheel giving the Tiger Explorer the capability to cope with unpaved roads.
All-new instrumentation and switchgear is both comprehensive and intuitive. The LCD instrument pack is thumb operated via switches on the handlebars and features a comprehensive onboard computer, including an ambient air temperature indicator with ice warning. The instrumentation also comes pre-configured for Triumph’s tyre pressure monitoring system, available as an optional accessory.
A comprehensive range of accessories is headlined by high quality luggage developed especially for the Tiger Explorer. The two-box pannier system provides 60 litres of luggage space, while the top box offers a further 35 litres of capacity, enough for a full-face helmet.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line three-cylinder
- Capacity: 1215cc
- Bore/Stroke: 85 x 71.4mm
- Fuel System: Drive by wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 , side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Oil Capacity: 4.0 litres (1.1 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 19 x 2.5in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.0in
- Front Tire: 110/80 R 19
- Rear Tire: 150/70 R 17
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 46mm upside down forks, 190mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba monoshock with remote oil reservoir, hydraulically adjustable preload, rebound damping adjustment, 194mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 305mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston calipers, Switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 282mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, Switchable ABS
- Instrument Display/Functions: LCD instrument pack with digital speedometer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty, service indicator, clock, air temperature, frost warning, hazard warning lights, trip computer, Tyre pressure monitoring system
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2248mm/88.4in
- Width (handlebars): 962mm
- Height without mirrors: 1410mm/55.5in
- Seat Height: 837mm/32.9in - 857mm/33.7in
- Wheelbase: 1530mm/60.2in
- Rake/Trail: 23.9 degree/105.5mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 20 litres/5.3 US gals
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 259kg/570lbs
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 137PS/135bhp/101kW @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 121Nm/89 ft.lbs @ 6400rpm
- Engine: Powered by an all-new 1215cc three-cylinder engine producing a class-leading 137PS with 121NM of torque for effortless overtaking combined with an exciting top end growl, the Tiger Explorer sports a high-specification that will see it set a new benchmark in the adventure touring class.
- Rider aids: Electronic cruise control, traction control and switchable ABS brakes give Explorer riders piece of mind, and come as standard equipment.
- Chassis: Tough steel chassis and adjustable sturdy 46mm forks have been designed to cope with the worst that the conditions can throw at it, while 19” front wheel offers excellent on road agility and handling characteristics.
- Ergonomics: Designed to offer maximum comfort for rider and pillion, the Tiger Explorer comes with adjustable rider seat height, handlebar position and screen for day long comfort in the saddle.
- High-capacity generator: Class leading 950w generator allows the simultaneous running of multiple electrical accessories, including heated rider and pillion seats, heated grips, high power fog lights and a top box with integrated power supply for charging on the move. The bike also comes fitted with a power socket situated close to the ignition, which can be used to power a GPS unit or items of heated clothing.
- Comprehensive instrumentation: Handlebar operated instrument pack is Triumph’s most comprehensive yet. In addition to the large digital speed readout and analogue tachometer, the on-board computer displays a host of practical information including gear indicator, fuel consumption and an ambient air temperature indicator.
- Shaft drive: Low maintenance drive shaft for hassle free long distance touring.